Spitfire Films aims to craft creative content for screens and the end result will range from television commercials to long-format films.
Directors: AK / Akin Omotso / Ed Van Blerk / JT / Peter Heaney / Rajay Singh
Producers: Liesl Karpinski / Baleseng Lee Mokola
Started in 2012, Spitfire.tv aims to craft creative content for screens from television commercials to long-format films.
Launched by Liesl Lategan and AK after meeting in 2011 and forming a partnership in 2012 Liesl was originally on her way to becoming a lawyer, but that all changed her career direction after interning at a film company in the US. Since then Liesl has become the one of the film industry’s most well know producers based on the successes of an impressive list of clients and a string of D&ADs, several Loeries, Cannes, Promax, Vuka awards and more.
AK is regarded as one of South Africa’s top directors, focussing on a variety of content including TV commercials, activations and online content. His work in the advertising industry is legendary, with a career that continuously places firsts for the likes of Adidas, Investec, KFC, Landrover, Fox, DSTV, and many more.
This Turn Key Production House works with some of South Africa’s top directors and producers to keep delivering on such a high-level, leading the way in contemporary production. They are passionate about transformation and they are building and training young film makers through our Spitfires for the Future programme. For more you can view their website.
- 2 x Gold at Promax for Fox Crime Cinema Activation
- 1 x Merit certificate from The One Show for Fox Crime Cinema Activation
- 2nd Place at Ad of the Year for Fox Crime Cinema Activation
- Cannes Short List for Fox Crime Cinema Activation
- 4 x Silver Loeries – The Walking Dead
- 1 Silver Canes Lion – The Walking Dead
- D&AD Pencil – The Walking Dead
- Ad of the Month – ‘Tapiola’ (Helsinki)
- British Design Awards Silver – Nova TV Idents
- D&AD Finalist – 5FM DJ
- Cannes Finalist – Super Seven
- Fines Festival Gold Lux – Superheroes
- Dogstar Awards x 5 Gold – Pojola Sufer
- Asian Awards 2 x Gold, 1 x Silver – Lemon Water Still Life
- Runner up of AD of the Year – SANBS Blood Donation TVC 2013
- Winner ATKV 2012 Best Director and Best Drama – Erfsondes Season 4
- Winner ATKV 2012 Best Director and Best Drama – Erfsondes Season 5
- 1st Project – Play it to break it
- SAMA Nominee 2007 ‘BEST LIVE DVD’
- Nominated for 7 x SAFTA’s and 2 x SA Comedy Awards – Laugh Out Loud 1 & 2
- Gold Book Mark Award 2016 – KFC: Shakin’ Shakin’
- Gold Loeries 2016 – KFC: Shakin’ Shakin’
- Bronze One Show Award – KFC: Shakin’ Shakin’
+27 (0) 11 268 2286
+27 (0) 112682247
+27 (0)82 539 1287
AWARDED: CRAFT MENTION (DIRECTION)
Spitfire Films | Waldo Pretorius
Loeries ‘Uber’ & ‘Dictator’
IDIDTHAT Guest Judge: Bridget Johnson, Consulting Executive Creative Director at WICK
Judges Comment: “Thanks to Waldo Pretorius from Spitfire for bringing a nostaglic smile to my face on the Loeries spots, ‘Uber’ & ‘Dictator’, and for making work that looks nothing like anything else at the moment.”
AWARDED: CRAFT MENTION (DIRECTION)
Spitfire Films | AK
ISUZU ‘Made From Real’
IDIDTHAT Guest Judge: Jenny Glover, Executive Creative Director at TBWA\Hunt\Lascaris
Judges Comment: “AK from Spitfire Films: The music choice on Isuzu, Made from Real is very early 2000’s but in a good way. It really lifts what is a largely functional story and script..”
Need to shoot a totally impossible commercial but only have duct tape and a match? Enter the new Spitfire – rebranded, now with even more mavericks and still ready as ever to make it happen!